Discover what bounty can be foraged from the wild world around us and cook up a wild tucker feast for lunch! Foraged fruits, roots, flowers and shoots, wild nettles and greens, mushrooms, teas and drinks, game and meat - according to season. Learn how to prepare and cook to achieve your wild master chef status.
You’ll learn (although this is not an exclusive list!):
- The do’s and don’ts of wild foraging – what to pick and what to stay away from
- Where and how to forage
- The art of “bimbling” - understanding wild plants and how they help us thrive - food-medicine-toxins
- Game preparation rabbit/pheasant/Pidgeon and venison
- Simple and safe ‘reach and harvest’ wild medicines and nibbles
- About our native wild super foods
Depending on the season, you’ll be making/exploring:
- Nettle and greens pesto
- The magic of elder – fritters/cordial/ champagne/super medicine - the list goes on!
- The magic of dandelions – fritters/salad/coffee/wine and endless other possibilities. Never see them as weeds again!
- Magic medicines to make and take home – including plantain/comfrey - nature’s pharmacy
- The magic of acorns – bread/fritters/tofu/flour – too many to mention!
Let your taste buds go wild!
2018 dates coming soon!
£44.99 per person
This day is hosted by our friends School Of The Wild - Meet-Up group and can be booked through them using the booking button below.