The Into The Wild weekend is for those looking for an introduction to Bushcraft and Wildnature trainings, or those simply seeking a time of inspiration, recharging and repurpose in one’s life. An opportunity to learn ancient skills and practices, developing a deeper sense of connection to oneself, to others and the natural world.
We invite you to join us around our campfire, to taste some backcountry cooking and experience the pleasures of living in the wild during this short but rich adventure packed weekend!
During the course, our instructors will lead you into the world of Bushcraft, teaching you some of the core skills and opening your mind and senses to the wonder of deep nature awareness. Skills covered over our weekend: Fire by friction
- learning how to make a fire in the wilderness with both natural and manmade materials. This skill can save your life!Shelter Building
- a primary survival skill which can save your life. Learn how to make a robust shelter which will keep you warm and dry anywhere in the world.Tracking
- learn how to read animal tracks in different environments and the different levels of track reading. This is a gate way skill into a new reality as you learn to interpret this language which is all around you in nature’s bookWater
- a survival skill which will save your life. Learn how to find water in different environments and during various seasons - learn how to collect, purify and filter.Foraging
- an introduction to the principles, and how to bring wild foods into one’s diet. Understanding plants as food, medicine and poison. Game preparation
- learn the various principles of hunting. Learn how to butcher and prepare caught meat. Cordage
- learn the principles of utilising natural fibres in the environment to make threads to weave, sew and craft with.Nature Awareness
- learn how to connect deeply with the natural world, by working with your senses and intuition to connect into the mind of nature.Wilderness Philosophy
- learn practical skills of how to connect with the natural world - remote viewing, long distance healing, dream visioning, plant and spirit communication, invisible movement in entering a peak state of performance.Deep ecology
- learn about the inter-connective and interdependence of all life systems and how far reaching our actions are in the world.Bird language
- enter the auditory world of birds. Understand their various levels of communications and how they can become your eyes and ears in understanding what is going on in the environment.Knife work
- learn what type of knife is good to use, how to use properly and how to take care of tools. Learn how to use in the wilderness for survival, hunting. You will also learn how to carve a spoon.Dates
Friday 1st - Sunday 3rd September
11.00am (First Day) - 16.30pm (Final Day)Catering
All meals for this course will be provided. If you have special dietary requirements please let us know on your consent form.Course Site
The Into the Wild weekend course will take place at a site in East Sussex. The camp is situated in beautiful private woodland with lots of wildlife including owls, badgers, fox and butterflies.
We do not have shower/toilet blocks at our sites, therefore all aspects of the course will have a fantastic wilderness feel. Compost toilets provided.
We have a car park at the course site where you your car will be kept during the course (if you bring one).Other Details
On receiving booking, joining instructions will be sent to participants of the course, giving details of where to meet, at what time, and what to bring with you.INVESTMENT
Cost of full weekend: £320. The course can be paid in full or a deposit is required to secure your booking with full payment made at the start of the program.
Includes all food and drinks.
Concessionary places are available, please ask for more details.
The course is designed for adults, teenagers aged 14+ are very welcome to book with an accompanying guardian. Contact us here for all workshop enquiries
This course is recommended for application to the Wildnature Year Course Program
A year long journey beginning 2018, deepening the skills of Bushcraft and deep nature awareness, leading to a week long survival quest.
Reviews “The weekend exceeded my expectations!...Robert has helped me to connect with the reverence for the wild I wanted to feel, I’m so very grateful.”
”a really special weekend! I cant believe we learnt so much in such a short period of time.”
“I think what Robert and the team have created at Wildnature
is absolutely phenomenal. To give people such a deep, emotional and for me
personally - life changing experience in just 3 days is beyond impressive,
its magical”£320 per person